County 4-H Council
The Marin County 4-H Council is organized for the purpose of cooperating with the University of California Cooperative Extension in organizing, promoting and carrying out 4-H youth development work in this county. The specific purposes for which the Marin County 4-H Council is organized shall be to:
- Help implement programs and projects based upon the educational framework of the 4-H YDP, and the educational goals and standards as identified by the county and state 4-H YDP staff.
- Help ensure that all county 4-H YDP programming is consistent with the Mission, Core Values, and Framework and Program Criteria Checklist.
- Build in mechanisms to achieve affirmative action goals and develop a management body whose membership is representative of the diversity of the community.
- Include involvement of members in county council operations and decision-making.
- Set limitations on term length and succession of adult volunteers to distribute more service opportunities.
- Raise and account for all 4-H YDP funds in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and UC ANR policies and procedures as set forth in chapter 9: Financial Management.
- Develop mechanisms to recommend solutions to problems and disputes within the county 4-H YDP. See Complaint-Council Complaint Review Board Procedure.
- Facilitate mechanisms for providing training and support of adult volunteers and youth.
- Facilitate community involvement to contribute to program focus and direction.
All Marin County 4-H adult volunteers who are appointed by the county director shall be active members of the Marin County 4-H Council. Senior 4-H members (9th grade – 12th grade) shall be eligible to be active members of the 4-H Council.
2018-2019 Executive Committee
|Council President||Pat Karinen|
|Vice President||Karen Taylor|
|Council Treasurer||Amy Ondricek|
Elections are held at the May meeting.