Farm Day Contests
MARIN COUNTY FARM DAY
Marin County Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall
Thursday, March 21, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Open to all Marin County Students in Pre-K through 3rd Grade
- Artwork must be a drawing, a painting, or a collage.
- Artwork is a class project.
- Artwork may also be a single grade and/or multiple grade level project.
- Artwork is completed on a 2’ x 2’ piece of paper. Finished project will be displayed at Farm Day as well as at the Marin County Fair in July, 2019.
- Artwork should reflect "The Beauty of Harvest Moon"
Creative Writing Contest
(Poems or Essays)
Open to all Marin County Students in Grades 4th through 6th
- Tell a story or write a poem about what is fun about farms.(Possible themes: cooking, gardening, farming, ranching, planting or harvesting.)
- Essays should be a maximum of 250 words and must adhere to the theme, Harvest Moon. Poems should be no longer than 18 lines and 6 stanzas.
- Essays will be judged on sincerity, originality, spelling, neatness, grammar and relevance to the topic. Poems will be judged on originality, form, structure and neatness.
- All projects need to include a teacher contact email address.
- Top writers from each grade level will be acknowledged at the 11:00 a.m. Awards Ceremony.
Open to all Marin County Students in K through 6th Grade
- One (1) photo taken by student.
- Pictures can be of gardening, farming, farm animals or people engaged in agriculture.
- Photo must be 5” x 7” in size, unframed and unmounted.
- Photo may be black & white or in color.
- Photo must have a label on the back of the photo which includes name, age, school, teacher, teacher email, title of photo, and any additional notes.
- Photos will not be returned to students, but a selection of photos will be displayed at Farm Day as well as at the Marin County Fair in July, 2019.
- Photo should reflect "The Beauty of Harvest Moon"
Entries must be received by Monday, New deadline March 18th, 2019
Please deliver or mail entries to:
Attention: Charlie Barboni
10 Avenue of the Flags
San Rafael, CA 94903
For more information contact Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 663-8343