Area Cooperative Extension Advisor - Dairy
Date Posted: June 21, 2017
Closing Date: August 14, 2017
The Area Cooperative Extension (CE) Dairy advisor will conduct a locally-based extension, education and applied research program across a spectrum of industry issues as they relate to dairy production systems in Fresno and Madera Counties. The advisor will address production issues and sustainability in an integrated approach that considers economic viability and conservation of natural resources including land use, air, water, and energy. Critical issues include reproduction, herd health and related human health issues. Major Responsibilities include:
- develop an applied research program, evaluate programs, and report accomplishments, results, impacts to scientific and lay audiences;
- evaluate programs and report accomplishments, results and potential or actual impacts;
- complement UC ANR’s Strategic Vision, and Cooperative Extension’s credibility and visibility.
- develop collaborative teams with other UC ANR academics, including CE specialists, AES faculty, CE advisors and others, to address priority issues for UC ANR.
- An earned master's degree, or other advanced degrees, in disciplines such as Dairy or Animal Science or a closely related field, is required by the appointment start date.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability in applied animal science research and extension experience is preferred.
- Skills to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish are desirable.
This position is headquartered in Fresno, California (Fresno County)
Beginning salary will be in the Assistant Cooperative Extension Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension Advisor salary scales, please refer to: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/263860.pdf.