California 4-H State Field Day
Date: May 27, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Contact: Jessica Bautista, firstname.lastname@example.org,530-750-1341
Sponsor: UC 4-H Youth Development Program
The largest and most comprehensive educational event for 4-H youth members (age 9-19) and 4-H volunteer educators, California State 4-H Field Day has more than 1,500 participants annually. Since 2002, 4-H'ers from throughout the state have come together to connect and compete in this statewide event, held annually on the last Saturday of May on the campus of the University of California, Davis.
The goal of the event is to provide a culminating experience for 4-H members in their year-long 4-H education in public speaking, textiles, plant sciences, photography, interview skills, and entomology.
Contests and Activities
Each contest and activity is coordinated by 4-H volunteers and youth, with coordination and facility support provided by the State 4-H Office.
Please see individual activity pages for times and locations for participants and volunteers.
Drop-in activities (no pre-registration required)
- Entomology Contest
- Spark Surveys - 4-H'ers can fill out their Sparks Surveys at Field Day
- Primary Member activities
- State 4-H Plant Science Contest - Qualifier for the National Junior Horticulture Association Convention
- Educational Exhibits and booths with hands-on activities
- Judging Contest
- Logo Contest - vote for next year's State Field Day logo
- 4-H Film Festival - watch all the films submitted this year!
You can find more detailed information at California State 4-H Field Day #Ca4HStateFieldDay.