Research Data Analyst 3 – Oakland, CA, Job ID 48047
Location: Office of the President - Oakland
Date Posted: January 17, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Research Data Analyst 3 works on multiple extramural funded research projects in collaboration with multiple research staff, with supervision from Principal Investigators and input from senior statisticians and data analysts as needed. This position will focus on working on evaluation studies conducted by NPI through its CalFresh Healthy Living contract with the California Department of Public Health.
This position requires the ability to independently perform data analysis, data management, data visualization, and reporting of organizational, policy and environmental data and individual level data for studies of nutrition, physical activity and obesity. The position also requires the ability to work effectively with multiple investigators and manage competing project demands, and to provide project management as needed.
The major responsibilities of the Research Data Analyst 3 position will be to:
(1) Develop and conduct analysis plans – recommending statistical approaches, trends, sources, and uses as well as performing statistical programming and analysis, including, but not limited to, sample size calculations, linear regression, logistic regression, Poisson regression, ANCOVA, GEE analyses, spatial analyses, and multilevel modeling for cross-sectional and longitudinal data.
(2) Manage and prepare data for analysis – writing and editing programs to verify, recode, format, and create variables, developing and conducting quality assurance and quality control protocols, generating codebooks, and geocoding data, as needed.
(3) Visualize data in infographics, dashboards, graphs, maps, and tables and prepare analysis results for dissemination via presentations, reports, and manuscripts.
(4) Plan evaluation studies – preparing proposals, designing survey instruments, and designing sampling and data collection protocols.
(5) Write and review reports and manuscripts presenting study findings.
The position will also be responsible, as needed, for project management tasks such as developing workplans and timelines and facilitating meetings; conducting literature reviews; supervising data entry and research analysis of students, support staff, and/or lower level analysts; and participating in development and implementation of data security policies and procedures.
This position is a contract appointment that is 100% fixed through September 30, 2023.
The home department for this position is Nutrition Policy Institute (NPI). While this position normally is based at Oakland, CA, this position is eligible for hybrid flexible work arrangements, for applicants living in the State of California, at this time. Please note that hybrid flexible work arrangements are subject to change by University.
Pay Scale: $6,908.33/month to $9,800.00/month
This position will promote, in all ways consistent with the other responsibilities of the position, accomplishment of the Affirmative Action goals established by the Division.
The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check. This is a designated position requiring a background check and may require fingerprinting due to the nature of the job responsibilities. UC ANR does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to Appendix F, Section II.C. of the policy for the deadlines applicable to new University of California employees. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
To apply, please visit:
If you are a current employee of our organization please use the following link instead: